Five experiences coming to life at IMEX America
Here are five experiences to keep an eye out for at the Sands Expo once the 2018 edition of IMEX America opens, starting with Smart Monday, on October 15. The full business bonanza of the trade show runs October 16 -18.
Recent research carried out by MPI Outlook for the IMEX Group showed that more than two thirds (69 per cent) of event planners expect to include experiential elements in their meetings and conventions from now on, while a further 16 per cent plan to add them in a year or two. For the 5 per cent expecting to introduce them in three years or more, IMEX America is likely to prove that’s just too late; attendee expectations are higher than ever and growing every day, fuelled by exceptional live experiences now available at home and at play.
1. The MPI Carnival: New this year as part of Smart Monday powered by Meeting Professionals International (MPI), October 15 is an American style carnival. Experience magicians, jugglers and artists, LEGO furniture, balloon columns and carnival games. This magical Monday sets the tone for an energetic week.
2. C2 Learning Labs: IMEX Group’s newest partner, C2 International, the ground-breaking leader in business conferences, is tearing down creativity barriers with its Learning Labs. C2 is set to stir the imagination and disrupt conventional thinking. The C2 team will also be presenting a Masterclass – ‘Emotions and Technology: An Exploration of Audience Connection’ – as part of the MPI Keynote series at 08:30 a.m. on Thursday.
3. IMEX Live Zone: Sample a smile-inducing selection of interactive live event experiences. The Live Zone will be home to giant, mobile puppets, a VR zipline, digital caricatures, artists, jugglers, a Kinetic Magic Wall and a living wall. These concepts, some small and some mighty, can easily be planned into traditional event formats.
4. IMEX Tech Zone: This is a brand-new testing ground for new event technology, where buyers can try out innovative products and ideas brought to the show by new or up and coming tech companies.
5. The Legacy Wall: For heart-warming and inspiring stories and case studies from exhibitors, attendees, partners and IMEX staff. This simple, walk-up wall puts this year’s IMEX Talking Point – Legacy – at the heart of the show. A good, old-fashioned analogue experience.
See here for a full list of the creative and experiential opportunities available at IMEX America 2018.
IMEX America takes place October 16 – 18 at the Sands® Expo and Convention Center at The Venetian® | The Palazzo® in Las Vegas, preceded by Smart Monday, powered by MPI, on October 15.