Held at the Sheraton Grand Bengaluru Whitefield Hotel and Convention Centre from March 13-April 15, was the 2nd MICE Conclave and 7th Exotic Wedding Planning Conference, where only a few destination partners were involved in this grand event.
The Nepal Tourism Board boasts as a major destination for weddings and MICE. The Nepal Tourism Board along with Hotel Annapurna and Solatee Crowne Plaza attended this event.
eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us)
eTN Chatroom: Discuss with readers from around the world:
The MICE industry is to grow to nearly 1.7 trillion by 2023.
National and multi-national corporates across India showed interest in Nepal as a destination for MICE and even FIT packages for their corporate clients.
Observation from the event was as follows:
– Nicely-planned MICE Buyers and Weddings for B2B partners
– Many large corporate companies were interested to do MICE and conduct FIT packages as well
– Destination Weddings to Nepal were sought after due to the budgeted/economic rates
– Queries about logistics for weddings like flowers and other mannequins/dummies were constantly asked regarding their availability
– A few of the Wedding Planners were even interested to open offices in Nepal and sought support from the Tourism Board to do so
– Most of the buyers, be it MICE Corporates or Wedding Planners, were very keen to understand Nepal Tourism offerings