The 27th World Youth and Student Travel Conference (WYSTC) is bringing the top buying and selling organizations from across the globe and from all aspects of youth and student travel together for trading, networking, and education in Edinburgh on 18-21 September.
Organized by WYSE Travel Confederation, the three-day conference will attract more than 600 delegates from around the world. At least 150 international buyers of youth and student travel products will be in attendance.
eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us)
This is only the second time in the past decade that WYSTC has been held in the UK.
WYSE Travel Confederation said it is delighted to showcase the transformative power of youth and student travel during Scotland’s 2018 Year of Young People.
“We can’t imagine a more perfect setting for WYSTC 2018 than Scotland’s capital city in the midst of their celebration of young people,” said David Chapman, Director General, WYSE Travel Confederation. “At WYSE, we believe in the economic and social power of our youth. When young people travel responsibly and exchange culture abroad, they help foster peace and understanding- both in the destination and their home country.”
Amanda Ferguson, Head of Business Tourism at Convention Edinburgh, added:
“As Scotland celebrates the Year of Young People, we are delighted that Edinburgh has been chosen as the destination to host the leading trade event for the global youth, student and educational travel industry in Scotland for the first time.
Edinburgh is second only to London as the most popular UK destination for youth travel, so it is entirely fitting that we welcome this unique, global initiative to our capital.
Thanks to the support of ETAG, YTE and EICC who joined us in the bid, Edinburgh’s businesses will have the opportunity to learn from and connect with the world’s most extensive network of youth and student travel professionals.”
Helen Marano, Executive Vice President, External Affairs for the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), will give the opening keynote address on the critical issue of responsible growth for the tourism industry and how we can enhance the propensity for young travelers to embrace and expand responsible travel worldwide.
Delegates will also receive insights from the industry’s most comprehensive look at the under-30 travel market. WYSE Travel Confederation’s publication, New Horizons IV: A global study of the youth and student traveler, was released by WYSE Travel Confederation in July 2018. It is based on the 2017 New Horizons IV Survey of more than 57,000 young travelers in 188 countries and territories.
The World Youth and Student Travel Conference is complemented by the Global Youth Travel Awards (GYTA), a gala event formally recognizing outstanding performers in 14 fields of global youth travel. The ceremony will be held in the National Museum of Scotland.
About the World Youth and Student Travel Conference:
Now in its 27th year, the World Youth and Student Travel Conference (WYSTC) is the leading trade event for the global youth, student and educational travel industry.
Since its inception in 1992 as the annual event of FIYTO and ISTC, youth and student travel professionals have been gathering annually to trade, network and take part in seminars and workshops.
WYSTC is organized by WYSE Travel Confederation and travels to a different destination each year to ensure that attendees get first-hand experience of the topics and trends affecting youth and student travel in the host country and region.
About WYSE Travel Confederation:
• The World Youth Student and Educational (WYSE) Travel Confederation is a global not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to promoting and developing opportunities for the youth, student and educational travel industry.
• Founded in 2006 and created from the merger of the Federation of International Youth Travel organizations (FIYTO) and the International Student Travel Confederation (ISTC) – both formed after World War II to inspire young people through international travel and to help remove cultural barriers – the confederation brings together 60 years of youth travel expertise.
• Providing international travel experiences to over 30 million youth and students each year, WYSE Travel Confederation’s global community of over 600 members spans more than 120 countries from a diverse range of sectors.
• From adventure tour operators to au pair agencies, cultural exchange programs to language schools, hop-on-hop-off buses to student insurance and youth hostels to volunteer programs, WYSE Travel Confederation is the world’s most powerful network of youth and student travel professionals, connecting key industry players with decision makers and government officials.
• The Confederation is committed to understanding the ever-changing characteristics, motivations and needs of young travelers. By gathering, analyzing and sharing important market intelligence with members, academics and government decision-makers, the unique fast-changing needs of the youth market is at the forefront of its activities as it seeks to accelerate the development of youth travel.