For its 4th edition, the annual MICE B2B forum MCE South Europe will take place in Thessaloniki, Greece, from 21st till 23rd October 2018. This high-end workshop will once more be the start of new business cooperation for up to 200 event industry professionals from the MICE Tourism industry.
Europe Congress dedicates itself to create synergy among its participants, hence its complex screening activities. The convention bureaus and tourism boards, as well as the MICE suppliers being hotels, DMCs and congress centres come majorly from South Europe. Their selected counterparts, the international event planners, are brought to the event destination based on their upcoming business needs in exactly that area. The suppliers get an impressive 35 pre-scheduled and matchmade meetings with event planners, all with upcoming leads towards their specific destination.
eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us)
Greeces popularity is on the rise again and within the meetings and incentives sector, this has been very well seen. Thessaloniki is within Greece basically an undiscovered pearl, that does deserve to be the shining highlight within the entire forum is among the most popular destination for MICE events. Thessaloniki is the birthplace of very well-known historical people, delicious cuisine, cultural highly developed and offering great lifestyle, yet the views on Mount Olympus, also known as ‘the house of gods’ is what makes the destination absolutely unique.
This year’s edition of MCE South Europe will be held in the amazing seafront located hotel Makedonia Palace. “The historical hotel of Thessaloniki, Makedonia Palace, was chosen by Europe Congress to host the highly successful annual Β2Β forum between suppliers and buyers of congress, tourism and MICE in the area of South Europe. MCE South Europe is coming for the first time to Thessaloniki, as a result of combined effort among all the stakeholders of the city. Makedonia Palace Hotel has played a significant role in the excellent effort that was undertaken to have the MCE South Europe 2018 organized in the city of Thessaloniki and we are absolutely thrilled the B2B appointments and accommodation will be hosted in Makedonia Palace. The organization of the congress in the second largest city of Greece is an ideal opportunity for the promotion of the city as a MICE destination, which is yet to be discovered. We are delighted to showcase the vibrant city of Thessaloniki along with the most iconic hotel in the Northern Greece.” said Eva Saringala the Director of Sales of the hotel.
The unique MICE B2B show will offer the deal flow one-to-one meetings and will be completed with numerous networking and social gatherings in exclusive local venues. The Thessaloniki Convention Bureau will assure the evening program to be a memorable experience for all participants, creating more reasons why to choose Thessaloniki as a destination for anyone’s upcoming MICE events.
MCE South Europe 2018 Fact Sheet:
21, 22 & 23 October 2018
Makedonia Palace, Thessaloniki, Greece
• 2,5 days MICE one-stop-shop B2B forum;
• High quality event venue: Four Points by Sheraton Catania Hotel & Conference Center
• Minimum of 30 to 35 pre-scheduled and match-made one-to-one meetings with Hosted Buyers most likely to be your next business partners;
• 80-100 qualified, reference checked and high volume MICE event producing Hosted Buyers having outgoing MICE business for South Europe will meet exclusively with 60 Solution Providers from the region;
• Total of up to 200 persons remain together for the event days: No visitors;
• Numerous educational sessions by MICE industry experts
• Promotional sessions emphasizing the potential of South Europe;
• Networking sessions offering full catering such as coffee breaks, luncheons, welcome reception, dinners and an after-dinner party to increase interaction.
Agenda and Program:
• Pre-scheduled and match-made one-to-one meetings
• Day networking, benchmarking and socializing in an inspiring environment
• Keynotes by industry experts addressing trending industry topics • Social gatherings as coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, reception and party.
60 Convention Bureaus and MICE Providers from South European Countries:
• Albania • Malta
• Bulgaria • Monaco
• Croatia • Montenegro
• Cyprus • Portugal
• France • Romania
• FYROM • Slovenia
• Greece • Spain
• Italy • Turkey
80-100 leading event planners and decision makers in their organization of:
• Germany, Austria, Switzerland: 20%
• United Kingdom & Ireland:15%
• France, Benelux & Scandinavia: 20%
• Central & Eastern Europe: 10%
• Russia & CIS: 10%
• Middle East & Asia: 15%
• North America: 10%
• 65% Agencies
• 25% Corporate
• 10% Associations