Diane Waldron, Director of Sales & Marketing at the QEII Centre, has taken over as Acting-Chair of the UK & Ireland Chapter of ICCA.
Diane takes over from Lesley WiIlams of Caeliam, who has stepped down to focus on her consultancy business, which has grown significantly since its launch 6 months ago.
“Lesley will be a hard act to follow,” comments Diane. “She has brought so much focus and energy to the Chapter. In particular, the UK board has gone from strength to strength under her leadership, we are delivering more engaging and exciting content than ever and our membership has grown as a result of her dedication to the role.”
Diane was due to step up the lead the Chapter in April but her early start as acting-chair allows her to oversee the delivery of the Chapter’s annual debate, which takes place 8-9 March in Belfast.
“I am excited by the opportunities ahead, I take on the role at a time when the chapter is stronger than ever before and look forward to seeing it develop further over the coming years,” concludes Diane.
The UK & Ireland Chapter’s board is made up of:
- Diane Waldron – QEII Centre
- Samantha Shamkh – ExCel London
- Jackie Boughton – Barbican
- Laura Tully – Manchester Central
- Grainne Ni Ghiollagain – Croke Park
- Aileen Crawford – Glasgow Convention Bureau
- Alex Donaldson – IMEX Group
- Rob Collins – GES
- John Martinez – Shocklogic
- Julie Watterston – Watterston Associates