Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us)
Parris Jordan, Chairman of the Caribbean Hotel Investment Conference & Operations Summit (CHICOS) announced that the 2018 edition of CHICOS is now set for November 8-9, 2018 and will be hosted at the Fairmont Southampton Resort in Bermuda.
“The Bermuda Tourism Authority (BTA) has been an exceptional partner for CHICOS and we are honored to return to the island nation in 2018,” says Jordan. “The leadership of the BTA and the support of the entire hospitality community in Bermuda enables us to move forward with new and innovative perspectives and ideas.
“Our heart beats with a Caribbean rhythm,” says Kevin Dallas, Chief Executive Officer of the Bermuda Tourism Authority. “We are honored to welcome CHICOS back and are eager to showcase Bermuda and further discussions with the hundreds of investors, bankers, lenders and other interested hospitality developers. CHICOS is a critical venue for all of us to promote continued growth.”
As Jordan and the CHICOS team assemble the program contents, we can be sure of specific topics that are important to the region and are to be included in the agenda:
• Recovery updates from the island countries impacted by last year’’s storms;
• Disruptors and new paradigms for the Caribbean, off the heels of the successful sessions at last year’’s CHICOS event featuring executives from AirBNB and Expedia;
• Continued interest by equity investors seeking opportunities in the region;
• Topics concerning “diversity” in the region;
• The significance and on-going efforts for airlift intra-and inter-Caribbean airlift to support positive tourism and development growth.